The schedule for the East Providence Department of Public Work’s street sweeping program is prepared. Except for the main roads, the schedule for street sweeping is in reverse order of last year. The schedule dates are estimates based on the past history of the operation.
In accordance with the city’s Stormwater Management Plan, all streets and municipal parking lots are swept at least once per year, and main streets twice per year. The main roads in the city are swept at the beginning of the program and again at the end. The sweeping program is estimated to be completed by early July dependent on favorable weather. The remainder of the year, streets may be swept on as needed basis.
April 2 - 13:
- Main Roads: Narragansett Park Dr, New Rd, Campbell Ave, Ferris Ave, Roger Williams Ave, Wilson Ave, Bourne Ave, Greenwood Ave, Centre St, Newman Ave from Pawt. Ave to Greenwood Ave, N Broadway, Massasoit Ave, Broadway, Grosvenor Ave, Grove Ave, Freeborn Ave, Potter St, Warren Ave from Broadway to Valley St, Valley St, Burgess Ave, Fifth St, Lyon Ave, S Broadway, Brightridge Ave, Martin St, Dover Ave, Catamore Blvd, Amaral St, Pawt. Ave from Willett Ave to Turner Ave, Turner Ave, Burnside Ave from Willett Ave to Pawt. Ave, Forbes St, Rounds Ave, Grassyplains Rd, Estrell Dr, Legion Way, Crescent View, Shore Rd.
April 11 - 20:
- Between N Broadway, Newman Ave and the Seekonk line. Beginning at the Turner Reservoir working south to the Ten Mile River. Between Pawt Ave, Newport Ave and the Central Pond. Beginning at the Pawtucket line and working southeast to Newman Ave. Between the Omaga Pond, Newport Ave and Pawt Ave. Beginning at the Pawtucket line working southeast to North Broadway.
April 18 – 27:
- Between N Broadway and the Seekonk line. Beginning at the Ten Mile River working south to Taunton Ave. Between N Broadway and the Seekonk River. Beginning at the Omaga Pond working south to Waterman Ave.
April 25 – May 4:
- Between Warren and Taunton Ave. Beginning at Broadway working east to State St. Between Broadway and the Seekonk River. Beginning at Waterman Ave working south to Warren Ave.
May 2 - 11:
- Between Warren Ave and the Veterans Pkwy. Beginning at S Broadway working west to Pier Rd. Between S Broadway and Pawt Ave. From Warren Ave south to the Veterans Pkwy. Between Pawt Ave and the Seekonk line. Beginning at Warren Ave working south to Wetmore Ave.
May 12 - 18:
- Pawt Ave to Narragansett Bay. Working from Bond Rd south to Waterview Ave. Whipple Ave, Fuller Ave, White Squadron Rd, Industrial Ct, Industrial Way. Between the East Bay bikepath and Narragansett Bay. Working from the Sewer Plant south to the Terrace.
May 16 – May 25:
- Between Willett Ave and the East Bay bikepath. Beginning at Lyman St working south to the Barrington line. Between Willet Ave and the Wampanog Tr. Beginning at Catalpa Ave and working south to the Barringtion line.
May 23 – June 1:
- Main Roads: (see April 2 - April 13)
June - July:
- All Public Parking areas. (City Hall, Police Station, libraries, parks, etc.) All Public School Parking Areas
If you would like more information on the program, please contact the city’s Highway Division at 435-7751.