5 Things to Know About Today
Unseasonable warm weather; Nia demonstration; Strength 'n Step class; learn to play chess; AA meeting.
Here are 5 things you should know about today in East Providence:
- Unseasonably warm winter weather continues under partly cloudy skies with temperatures reaching into the high 40s and maybe the low 50s. Winds at 15-25 mph.
- See a free demonstration of Nia, a sensory -based movement exercise that blends elements of martial arts, dance arts and yoga into a complete fitness program, at the East Providence Recreation Center, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., from 10 to 11 am.
- Or try a Strength ‘n Step class starting on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the Recreation Center.
- Learn how to play chess or improve your skills in a 6-week session that starts today at the Riverside branch library, 475 Bullocks Point Ave., from 3:30 to 4:30 pm. For ages 6 through 18. Call 433-4877 to register.
- Newman Congregational Church, 100 Newman Ave., Rumford, hosts an AA meeting every Wednesday at 8 pm in the chapel.