5 Things to Know About Today
Showers in afternoon; school vacation-week camp starts; free tax help; knit or crochet at library; end-of-life care for volunteers.
Here are five things to know about today in East Providence:
- It will be mostly sunny in the morning with clouds and showers returning later in the day and temperatures going up into the high 40s.
- The East Providence recreation department offers a school vacation-week camp at the Recreation Center, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., starting today from 9 am to 5 pm for kids ages 6-14. Games, sports, arts and crafts and special themed events each day this week for $10 per child. Bring your own lunch.
- East Bay Community Action Program, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., offers free tax assistance each day running from 9 am to 3 pm. Program qualifying income is $51,000 and below.
- Drop in and knit or crochet at the Weaver Library program room from 6:30 to 8 pm.
- Beacon Hospice, 1 Catamore Boulevard, offers another training session for caring and compassionate volunteers who can provide quality end-of-life care to terminally-ill patients. The session starts at 1 pm.