Budget Commission Getting New Face
New Mayor James Briden takes over as a representative on the East Providence Budget Commission. See Patch interview.
There will be a new face on the East Providence Budget Commission for its meeting on Thurday, Dec. 13.
New East Providence Mayor James Briden will be replacing former mayor Bruce Rogers on the five-member board, which meets at 3 pm in City Hall. See a recent Patch interview with Briden.
It will be Briden's first meeting as the second representative from the city. City Manager Peter Graczykowski also sits on the commission.
Here is the agenda for tomorrow's meeting:
City Hall, 145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914
Working Session Agenda - 3 pm
Thursday December 13, Room 306
Date Posted: December 11, 2012
1. Review of Cash Flow and approval of Resolution for TANS – Malcolm Moore.
2. Requests to fill vacant School Department positions and approval of personnel actions – John DeGoes and Heather Martino.
3. Requests to fill vacant City positions and approval of personnel actions – Peter Graczykowski and Heather Martino.
4. Update on Superintendent Hiring and Interview Committee – Diane Brennan.
5. Review of Wastewater Cost of Service and Rate Design Alternatives letter report
– Steve Coutu.
6. Request for approval of procurement and/or payments in excess of $25,000 and review of payments and/or procurements under $25,000 – Malcolm Moore.
a. Request to award bids for Fire Stations 1 & 4 Renovations/Upgrades – Fire Chief Joe Klucznik.
b. Request to approve pricing for Year 2 of Fire Department Uniform Contract – Fire Chief Joe Klucznik.
c. Request to award contracts for Gasoline, Low Sulfur Diesel, and Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel for 1/1/2013 thru 12/31/2013 from City of Warwick Cooperative Bid – Steve Coutu.
d. Request to extend contract with AMS for three months – Peter Graczykowski and Malcolm Moore.
e. Request to extend Police & Fire Pension Board Financial Advisor Wainwright pricing for 6 months – Malcolm Moore.
f. Request to award bid for Tax Collection Software – Malcolm Moore. g. Request to advertise RFP for Real Estate Broker – Jeanne Boyle and
Patrick Hanner. h. Request to advertise RFP for Loof Carousel carpentry work – Jeanne Boyle and Patrick Hanner.
7. Update on Superintendent and City Manager action items/work plans – John DeGoes and Peter Graczykowski.
8. Additional Commission Items.
9. Approval of Minutes from November 29, 2012.
10. Schedule and agenda for next meeting.