Thursday: Beware the Ides of March; Youth Art Opening Reception
Here are five things you should know today in East Providence.
- Beware the Ides of March! Today is March 15, known as the day in 44 BC that Julius Caesar was killed by a group of conspirators.
- Today it will be near 50 degrees, with patchy fog. Rain may be coming our way tomorrow.
- March is Youth Art Month throughout the state. Student art work is displayed at various locations in the city, including Weaver Library, where there is an opening reception today from 5 to 6 pm. Students, families and members of the community are welcome to view the work of talented young East Providence Artists.
- Free help with taxes is available at the Senior Center this morning.
- The Great Books discussion series is at Weaver Library today at 12:30 pm. The book this month is "The Evolution of Despair."