The weather over the past few weeks has been gloomy, but I’m thinking summer. There is nothing more refreshing in the summer than pink lemonade, so this week I tried Pillsbury’s new pink lemonade cookie mix. Rather than making boring old cookies, however, I turned this mix into a tasty raspberry lemonade cookie bar. Now before you start thinking I invented this recipe, I didn’t, Pillsbury did.
I found this was a relatively easy recipe to follow and the bars were quite delicious.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package Pillsbury Pink Lemonade Flavored Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 350. Coat 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cookie mix and butter in large bowl with a fork until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup crumbs for topping. Press remaining mixture evenly into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread jame evenly over partially baked crust. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg in medium bowl with electrick mixer until smooth. Spoon over jam to cover. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Chill 1 hour. Cut into bars.
This recipe makes 30 bars. Enjoy!