Why is my computer so slow?
I get asked that question on a daily basis. In order to determine the reasons why, I need to know if it happened suddenly or if it got slower over time.
Possible reasons for your computer getting slower over time:
1) Viruses and Spyware.
2) Hard drive full.
3) Cooling system clogged and computer is overheating.
4) RAM upgrade needed.
5) Bad software or remnants of old software on hard drive.
6) Windows, Java, Adobe, and antivirus updates not done on regular basis.
Possible reasons why your computer suddenly got slow:
1) New program was just installed.
2) You picked up a virus when you downloaded an infected email or visited an infected website.
3) Downloaded “free: music or movies.
4) You dropped your computer.
All of these problems are quickly and easily fixable and can be avoided with regular computer tune-ups. I recommend your that computer is checked once or twice a year, especially if you use the internet a lot. After all, you take your cars to the mechanic for regular oil changes and tune-ups. Why not your computer?