Here are some things to know about today, Sept. 20, in East Providence:
- Sunny skies with temperatures reaching into the high 70s will make for another beautiful late summer day.
- The East Providence High School football team tangles with Mt. Pleasant High at Pierce Field at 7 pm.
- Meanwhile the, Townies’ boys’ soccer team battles Central Falls at Macomber Field at 6:30 pm.
- The Townies’ volleyball team also hits the road; the girls travel to Ponagansett High in Glocester for a match at 6:30 pm.
- Share all your news and information about academics, sports, the arts, anything you want on the blogs created for East Providence High School and Bay View Academy.
- The monthly “sports book club” meets on Saturday, Sept. 21, at noon to discuss The Summer of Beer and Whiskey : How brewers, barkeeps, rowdies, immigrants, and a wild pennant fight made baseball America's game. Author Ed Achorn, the editorial page editor at the Providence Journal, leads the discussion of his book.