Here are some things you should know about today, Aug. 28, in and around East Providence:
- Mostly sunny skies with a high temperature near 80 degrees.
- Are your kids bored waiting for school to start next week? And a long Labor Day weekend is coming up. Get passes at the Weaver Library, 41 Grove Ave., for places such as Battleship Cove, Southwick’s Zoo, Higgins Armory Museum in Worcester, Old Sturbridge Village and The Hall of Patriot Place.
- Do you have a quality of life issue in your neighborhood that needs some attention from East Providence? Call this number: (401) 435-7722.
- The Senior Medicare Patrol meets today at 10:30 am in the Senior Center, 610 Waterman Ave.
- Do you know that East Providence is a RI Heartsafe Community? Click here to find out more.