Here are some things to know about today, Sept. 27, in and around East Providence:
- Generally sunny skies all day with temperatures reaching into the high 60s will make for another beautiful early fall day.
- The East Providence High School football team tangles with always tough Bishop Hendricken High in Warwick at 7 pm.
- Meanwhile the, Townies’ boys’ soccer team travels to Bishop Hendricken as well to square off at 4 pm against the Hawks.
- Don your flapper dress and dust off your fedora for “The Big Toast” – the third annual fundraiser to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State, with an office in Riverside. It runs from 6 to 10 pm at the Linden Place Museum at 500 Hope St. in Bristol. For more information or to purchase tickets click here.
- Just a reminder about a Saturday event: the East Providence High School marching band is hosting a pasta dinner fundraiser tomorrow at 5 pm at the Brightridge Club, 59 Brightridge Ave. Tickets are $10 for adults and available from band members or their mothers. A limited number of tickets will be sold at the door.