Here are five things you should know about this week in and around East Providence:
- The Fraternity of St. Francis Xavier food pantry, 81 N Carpenter St., is open every Monday from 9:30 to 11:20 am and 6 to 7:30 pm. A valid government ID is needed.
- Find out if your old books are valuable at the Weaver Library on Monday, Nov. 26, at 7 pm with the East Providence Historical Society and book dealer Ray Rickman. Bring up to 3 books for a free appraisal.
- The East Providence Local Advisory Committee hosts a RI Parent Information Network Workshop, “Basic Rights in Special Education,” on Wednesday, Nov. 28, at 6:30 pm at Martin Middle School, 111 Brown St. Get an overview of parent’s rights and responsibilities and learn about the laws that affect special education in Rhode Island.
- Take a Full Frosty Moon Night Hike on Friday, Nov. 30, at 6:30 pm at the Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary in nearby Attleboro. Contact the Massachusetts Audubon Society for prices and more details.
- Riverside Congregational Church, 15 Oak Ave., hosts a Holly Day Bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 1, from 9 am to 2 pm.