Are you using "green" technologies in your East Providence waterfront business?
The East Providence Waterfront District Commission has established a "Green Business Loan Program," according to the East Providence Chamber of Commerce. Loans can be had for between $10,000 and $75,000.
The loans are designed "to assist with the expansion of existing businesses and the growth of new businesses within the district by encouraging the use of energy-efficient and 'green' technologies," according to the chamber.
The funding is administered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
If you are involved in any of the following "green" activities, you will probably qualify:
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Increased efficiency HVAC, heat pumps, and geothermal energy
- Energy-efficient doors, windows, skylights and renovations
- Increased insulation
- Wind and solar power, energy-efficient power and light bulbs
- Retro-fitting for sustainable utilities
- Attainment of LEED certification
- Fabrication of energy-saving products
Click here for more information.