Here are five things you should know about this weekend in and around East Providence:
- Saturday will be partly cloudy with temperatures in the low 30s and Sunday has a chance of snow showers with temperatures about the same.
- Weaver Library hosts a "Big Book Sale" on Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm and on Sunday from 1 to 5 pm. Harcover books at 50 cents; paperbacks at 10 cents and CDs, DVDs, VSH and audiotapes for $1.
- There will be an Eco-Depot Saturday starting at 8 am at the Central Landfill in Johnston; you can dispose of your household hazardous waste.
- The Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship starts at the local level Saturday from 11 am to 1 pm at St. Luke's School, 10 Waldron Ave., Barrington. Open to all boys and girls from 10 to 14.
- An interactive experiential seminar/workshop that will examine and explore African-American folk music that has been written, arranged, and/or popularized by women of African-American descent takes place Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm at Church of the Epiphany, 1335 Pawtucket Ave, Rumford.