Here are five things you should know about today in East Providence:
- Skies will be partly cloudy tody with a few flurries possible and temperatures in the mid 30s all day.
- The East Providence recreation department offers a school vacation week camp at the Recreation Center, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., every day this week from 9 am to 5 pm for kids ages 6-14. Games, sports, arts and crafts and special themed events each day for $10 per child. Bring your own lunch.
- Todd McLeish, a science writer and publicist for the University of Rhode Island, gives a presentation about arctic whales today at 2 pm. at EPOCH Assisted Living on the East Side of Providence at 1 Butler Ave. Call 401-275-0682 to register or for more information.
- Weaver Library hosts the showing of a family movie, the animated film, "Hotel Transylvania," at 6 pm on a big screen in the program room. Movie snacks will be served.
- East Bay Community Action's RSVP Program is sponsoring the VITA Free Tax Service through April 15. Program qualifying income is $51,000 and below. Call East Bay RSVP at 435-7876 for an appointment, location and directions.