Here are five things you should know about today in East Providence:
- Clouds and sunshine with high temperatures in the mid 30s and winds at 15 to 25 mph.
- The East Providence recreation department offers a school vacation week camp at the Recreation Center, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., every day this week from 9 am to 5 pm for kids ages 6-14. Games, sports, arts and crafts and special themed events each day for $10 per child. Bring your own lunch.
- Sparky's Puppets present "STORIES FROM SNOWLY LANDS" at the Weaver Livrary, 41 Grove Ave., from 2 to 3:30 pm for kids ages 3 and older. Watch Jack Frost's magic bring a snowman to life. Laugh at the antics of a boastful bear who goes ice fishing. And visit a shoemaker's shop on a wintry day.
- The East Providence Recreation Center offers line dancing for beginners from 7:30 to 8:30 pm. To register, call the Recreation Center at 433-6360.
- The Riverside branch library, 475 Bullocks Point Ave., offers Hoop Dance for adults from 6:30 to 8 pm. Space is limited and registration is required. Call 433-4877.