- Today's forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of 87 degrees.
- Today Rhode Island oberves Victory Day (formerly known as VJ Day), the anniversary of the Allied Forces' victory over Japan during War World War II, following the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. Government offices are closed, but many restaurants, retail stores and other businesses may be open.
- All household refuse, recycling and yard waste regularly collected on Monday was collected this past Saturday. Regular Monday collection resumes next week, Aug. 20.
- The is today at Triggs Memorial Golf Course. Proceeds go to the Burke Scholarship Fund in memory of Fran.
- There is an at Newman Congregational Church at 8 pm.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something