- The forecast: It's going to be a beautiful weekend, with mostly sunny skies and highs in the 80s. Today, Friday, may reach 91 degrees.
- The East Providence Public Works Department reminds residents that all household refuse, recycling and yard waste regularly collected on Monday Sept. 3, will be collected on Saturday Sept. 1, due to the Labor Day Holiday. Residents are asked to have all materials at the curb by 6:00 A.M. on the day of collection.
- Saturday is a at the Audubon Society of RI's Environmental Education Center in Bristol, and if you want to go over on Monday, there are special nature activities.
- A new program on Chronic Disease Self-Management begins at the Senior Center with an orientation Sept. 5, followed by workshops on Wednesdays throughout September and October. Call Irene Rush at 222-7636 for information.
- If you're out yard sale-ing this weekend, check out this one at 136 Bishop Ave., Rumford, which benefits the Seekonk-based Yankee Volunteer Fife & Drum Corps.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something