Today is Presidents' Day -- a federal holiday on the third Monday of February each year.
You won't be able to send mail through the U.S. Post Office or go to the library or City Hall, which are closed.
But most businesses and restaurants are open. Here's a look at what's open and closed in East Providence for the holiday.
- Most banks but some are open, such as TD Bank.
- U.S Post Office branches
- Schools - February vacation starts today and runs all week.
- Recreation Department
- City Hall
- Weaver Library and the Riverside Branch Library
- The Senior Center
- Most stores, restaurants and businesses
- Auto dealers -- Presidents' Day is typically a big day for special sales.