The is sponsoring Earth Day neighborhood cleanups throughout the city during April.
Residents are urged to volunteer some of their time to assist in cleaning the waterfront, bike path, walking trail, or open spaces throughout the city. If you have a group that will be participating in this year’s cleanup please call the office for a registration form for you group. All groups must be registered prior to cleanup events.
Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corp. will once again be waiving disposal (tipping) fees on solid waste for Municipally organized groups involved in a cleanup effort in honor of Earth Day, from April 1 to May 1. These cleanups will collectively be eligible for a tip fee waiver of 10 tons, and these 10 tons will not count against the municipality’s Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) cap.
If you are interested in helping with one of the already registered groups listed below please contact the Dept. of Public Works/Recycling office at 435.7701 or 435.7711.
The following organizations will clean up specified areas of the city. Check back with Patch as more dates become solidified.
- Squantum Association - East Bay Bike Path. (Date is TBA)
- Narragansett Terrace Association - Beach and lots by jett at the corner Riverside Avenue and Sea View. Beaches along Riverside Avenue and waterfronts along Terrace Avenue on April 21.
- Friends of Pomham Rocks Lighthouse - Shore line between Sewer Plant and Exxon/Mobil property line on April 14.
- East Providence Conservation Commission at Hunts Mills on April 21.
- and parts of East Bay Bike Path on April 21.
- Friends of will participate. (Date is TBA.)