.

Evergreen Drive Fire Displaces Two in East Providence

A kitchen fire put an adult and child out of their home at Evergreen Apartments Sunday afternoon. CREDIT: Rob Borkowski
A kitchen fire put an adult and child out of their home at Evergreen Apartments Sunday afternoon. CREDIT: Rob Borkowski
A kitchen fire put an adult and child out of their home at Evergreen Apartments Sunday afternoon.

East Providence Fire Chief Oscar Elmasian said firefighters were called to put out a kitchen fire in Building 11C in the complex Sunday. Neighbors said the fire occurred at about 1 p.m. 

Elmasian said the fire was caused by food left on a stove. The fire then spread to nearby cabinets. Firefighters put out the fire within about five minutes, Elmasian said, and crews stayed on the scene for about 45 minutes to make sure the fire hadn't spread and to air out the building.

Red Cross volunteers Pat Quinn and Emily Quinn responded to assist the family, providing emergency housing and food needs. The Red Cross is also providing comfort kits containing personal care items such as toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving supplies and other items a family might not have been able to gather in the rush to escape the fire, according to a release from the organization

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something