students made baby blankets for Hasbro Children’s Hospital and McAuley Village, a two-year transitional housing program for homeless single parents and their children.
The after-school project, which reinforces the Academy’s Mercy Core values of compassion and service and collaboration, was run by teacher Janine Cooney, according to a press release from the school.
Twenty-three students ranging from grade one through grade five created 24 blankets.
“The girls gave up their afternoon activities to be a part of this project. They love doing it because they really feel they are personally doing something to help someone else, and they are. It was a wonderful afternoon," said Ms. Cooney in the press release.
The students who participated:
- Sonia Dady, Attleboro, MA
- Tessa Foley, Bristol
- Parker Kern, Cranston
- Gabby Osorio-Palo, Cranston
- Malena Corso, Cranston
- Caroline Mahoney, East Providence
- Magggie Mahoney, East Providence
- Orla Feld, East Providence
- Grace Bourassa, Greenville
- Chloe Marsella, Johnston
- Celia Macari, North Providence
- Erin Donovan, Pawtucket
- Molly Donovan, Pawtucket
- Christina Obrien, Providence
- Abbie Greene-Sermak, Rehoboth, MA
- Lizzie Cooney, Rehoboth, MA
- Daniella Olivares, Seekonk, MA
- Jane Maciel, Seekonk, MA
- Gina Khiami, Warwick
- Caitlin Blanco, Warwick
- Amera Khiam, Warwick
- Jenna Inglehart, West Warwick
- Lily Gucfa, Rehoboth, MA