Here are some things you should know about this week, Aug. 26-Sept. 1, in and around East Providence:
- The week looks mostly sunny with temperatures around 80 degrees each day; there is a chance of scattered thundershowers on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Monday is the final day to register for the Socrates Café starting next month at Weaver Library, 41 Grove Ave.; the café is an international movement that nudges participants to question assumptions -- their own and those of others.
- The Crescent Park Carousel Commission meets Tuesday at 6 pm for its monthly meeting; summer sessions take place at the Looff Carousel in Riverside.
- The Weaver Library offers on Wednesday at 9:30 am a computer drop-in session for anyone who needs help with using the Internet, uploading a resume, or help with your Laptop, Kindle or Nook.
- East Providence schools don’t open until Sept. 5, but the high school girls’ soccer team kicks off its season on Thursday against St. Raphael Academy in a RI Interscholastic League Injury Fund round-robin match at La Salle Academy in Providence at 6:20 pm.