From a live sixteen-piece jazz band which has been appearing weekly since 1947, to the full-service bar and large space, Bovi's Tavern on 287 Taunton Avenue will surprise patrons with what's inside. Known specifically for jazz and live music, Bovi's Tavern is a family-run business owned by John Bovi, who takes his involvement with the community as serious as what he serves his guests.
Sports memorablia line the walls from the teams that the tavern has sponsored, and everywhere patrons look there are connections to the East Providence Community.
- Hours: Daily, 11am - 1am
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance level with parking lot.
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1947
- ATM: Yes
- Cover charge: Yes
- Dress code: No dress code.
- Features: Dance floor, Live music, Private parties
- Payments accepted: Cash
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Private events: Yes
- Bar type: Live Music, Singles bar, Sports bar
- Bar Specialties: Beer, Cocktails
- Bar Features: Big-screen TVs, Jukebox, Pool table
- Beer Types: Domestic, Imported