Initially founded eight years ago by owner Elizabeth Palumbo, Pan Zhai started out as a private collection that blossomed into an extraordinary 8,000-square-foot retail facility in East Providence that is as unique as it is rich in Chinese cultural heritage. Each piece in the store has a distinct beauty and is perfectly placed for all browsers and buyers alike. When shoppers step inside this store, it's like walking into the Chinese countryside. Pan Zhai is for the collector that is looking for one piece to complement their home, just as much as the corporate designer that is looking to decorate an entire office building.
- Hours: Mon, closed; Tues - Fri, 10am - 6pm, Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sun, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Nov 1, 2002
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Repair, Shipping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What is one question to ask before buying an antique or collectible?: What is the source of the piece?
- Antiques specialties: Chinese Country Antiques
- Multi-dealer store: No
- Number of dealers: 2
- Antiques services: Appraisal
- What are some tips to keep in mind when decorating?: One piece at a time.
- Interior design: No