If you've ever purchased a Golden Harbor product from Wholefoods, you've eaten the heart and soul of Sustainable Seafood, a locally-owned and operated seafood distribution company. Based in East Providence, this enterprise primarily provides large businesses (chain stores and grocers) with homemade, wholesale specialities.
President and owner, Al Legreca Jr., personally oversees all of the operations of this company. There is an undeniable element of local pride which finds its way from the Pawtucket Avenue location and into the stores that many in the region shop at.
Many of the ingredients used in the making and preparation of their products are plucked right from the bays of the Ocean State. From cakes that are made with Rhode Island crabs, to their natural and organic options, Sustainable Seafood is committed to providing the highest quality to its wholesale consumers.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6am - 6pm; Sat, 6am - 12pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1978
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Wholesale, locally made and assembled seafood products.
- Food & dining options: Natural, Organic
- Specialties: Sustainable Seafood LLC specializes in Scungilli Salad and has become the leading distributor of this local favorite.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Signature dishes: Scungilli Salad. Twenty different types of seafood salad overall.
- Price level: $$